The Plymouth County District Attorney’s Office is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children (CSEC) Coordinator. The CSEC Coordinator will work at The Plymouth County Children’s Advocacy Center (PCCAC) which is a unit of the Plymouth County District Attorney’s Office.
The Plymouth County Children’s Advocacy Center is an interagency, multidisciplinary partnership dedicated to minimizing trauma to children and families when concerns of abuse arise. The Center coordinates investigations and assessments with clinical and legal competence in an atmosphere that is safe and respectful of each family’s culture. The Center collaborates in training and research efforts to prevent child abuse in our community.
This position is located in Brockton at the Children’s Advocacy Center.
The CSEC Coordinator will serve as the primary contact for referrals of suspected CSEC cases. The CSEC Coordinator will strive to improve Plymouth County’s ability to identify and serve minors at-risk, or victims of CSEC. The CSEC Coordinator will also work to increase communication and collaboration among multidisciplinary team members and promote community awareness about CSEC and available services. The CSEC Coordinator may also serve as a back-up family advocate.
Basic qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree and three years’ work experience in human services, criminal justice or related field.
- Thorough knowledge of child and family development, child sexual abuse issues, long and short term effects on children and families, emotional and safety needs of child victims and appropriate community resources.
- The position requires strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to conduct oral presentations to diverse populations.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have own means of transportation.
District Attorney Cruz is committed to recruiting and retaining staff that reflects the diversity of the multicultural community that we serve. The Plymouth County District Attorney’s Office affords equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.