The mission of the Plymouth District Attorney’s Office is to protect the citizens of our community with the efficient and fair prosecution of criminal acts that occur in the cities and towns of Plymouth County. Along with the prosecution of crime, we strive to provide critical services to the victims of those crimes, and work to reduce criminal activity through intervention and prevention programs.
The Plymouth County District Attorney’s Office is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the Domestic Violence Unit (DV) to serve as the DV Unit Coordinator. The DV unit is responsible for overseeing and prosecuting cases of domestic violence in Plymouth County. The Domestic Violence Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and engaging in community outreach, education, and training in order to enhance the delivery of services to domestic violence victims, and improve the overall effectiveness of the investigation and prosecution of these cases.
The DV Coordinator will be the first point of contact for the DV High Risk program while performing all administrative and clerical tasks associated with the program as well as the preparation and presentation of referrals at DV High Risk meetings. The DV Coordinator will also work to increase communication and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders and promote community awareness about DV resources available. Serve as a member and/or District Attorney’s designee on boards, coalitions, task forces and groups as assigned; Coordinate and provide training for ADAs, victim witness advocates, law enforcement professionals, and community partners regarding domestic violence. Remain involved in community events to spread awareness.
Basic qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree and three years’ work experience in domestic violence, victim services and/or criminal justice field
- Thorough knowledge of victims services and appropriate community resources
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to conduct oral presentations to diverse populations.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have own means of transportation to travel throughout Plymouth County
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to be flexible in changing work duties based on the office needs
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- A sincere interest in public service, the Criminal Justice System and the role of the prosecution and work of Plymouth County District Attorney’s office
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, prioritize effectively and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and maturity in handling sensitive matters
- Demonstrated skills in exercising independent judgment
- Diplomacy in dealing with professionals and members of the public
- Self-motivated individual who works well both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to maintain harmonious relationships with fellow employees and other government agencies