The Finance / HR Specialist (FHRS) will work independently and with team members to support the staff of the DA’s Office. Under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer, the FHRS will be responsible for a variety of duties including but not limited to: accounts payable; fund accounting with state system; checking account and bank review and reconciliation; travel arrangements; creation / maintenance of department reports; employee reimbursements; procurement of goods and services; contract management; coordination with the State Police regarding financial matters; manage postage account; attend meeting and trainings; other finance projects.
The FHRS will directly assist the Human Resources Director with a wide range of projects related to HR compliance, recruiting, onboarding/orientation, retention, employee file organization and maintenance; time keeping; training programs and records retention.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Effective communication skills – both verbal and written
- Detail oriented, especially pertaining to numbers and formulas
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and maturity in handling sensitive matters
- Experience or willingness to master proficiency with multiple applications, including Excel, Word, Quicken, Outlook, Access
- Ability to prioritize time sensitive matters and ensure all deadlines are met
- Self-starter with ability to contribute and work as part of a team; positive attitude and willingness to learn new applications and adapt to new guidelines as needed
- Knowledge of the Commonwealth’s accounting system (MMARS) desirable but not required
- Knowledge of the Commonwealth’s payroll system (HRCMS) and cost accounting system (LCM) desirable but not required