The primary responsibilities of the Grant Writer will include grant writing, grant budgeting, ensuring compliance with state and federal policies, data collection and reporting.
The Grant Writer must be a computer savvy, organized professional with effective communication skills who has prior experience with applying for grants within the state and federal level. The Grant Writer will work within the Plymouth County District Attorney’s Office on the execution of federal and state funded grants with various internal and external teams at the direction of the Chief of Staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary grant writer for new projects.
- Research and identify new grant opportunities.
- Data collection, reporting and completing action plans.
- Complete PCDAO’s grant reporting requirements to ensure compliance and responsiveness to grant guidelines and requests.
- Assist the Finance Department with oversight of grant spending and the construction of budgets for new grant projects.
- Upon review and approval of the Chief of Staff, assist with the management and compliance of grant guidelines; monitor and review allocations of funds and grant balances to ensure appropriate use of funds with timely payment to all vendors.
- Track data metrics for grant funded projects.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience with writing and grants management.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, with experience undertaking significant writing projects.
- Excellent written skills.
- Knowledge of state and federal government grant processes and systems.
- Prior experience in budget management.
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage competing priorities, and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong time management, planning and organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate an ability to collaborate effectively with other professionals to achieve a common goal.
- Proficiency in Office 365.
Please submit a writing sample of your choice (no less than ten pages)
- $75,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- In person
District Attorney Cruz is committed to recruiting and retaining staff that reflects the diversity of the multicultural community that we serve. The Plymouth County District Attorney’s Office affords equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.