Press Releases

Brockton Man Indicted, Two Others Charged In Connection With Homicide

Download PDF

Contact: Beth Stone 508-584-8120

BROCKTON – Three people have been indicted in connection with the February fatal shooting of a Brockton man, Plymouth County District Attorney Timothy J. Cruz has announced.

Indictments were returned today charging Kevin Gomes, 26, of Brockton in connection with the death of 51 year-old Harry Williams. Gomes was indicted on one count each of Murder, Carrying a Firearm Without a License, Carrying a Loaded Firearm, and Discharge of a Firearm Within 500 Feet of a Dwelling. The grand jury additionally indicted Ryan Harris, 29, on one count each of Accessory After the Fact and Witness Intimidation by Misleading Police. Jenna Deane, 34, was also indicted on one count of Witness Intimidation by Misleading Police.

On February 5, 2022, at approximately 2:41 a.m., Brockton Police responded to the area of 21 Auna Drive for a report of a person shot. Brockton Police officers arrived on scene and observed a male victim, later identified as Williams, suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. The victim was transported to Good Samaritan Hospital where he was pronounced dead of his wounds.

Brockton Police contacted Massachusetts State Police Detectives assigned to the Plymouth County District Attorney’s Office and an investigation commenced. Police interviewed numerous witnesses and secured physical evidence and video surveillance. As a result of the investigation, troopers assigned to the Plymouth County District Attorney’s Office sought and obtained an arrest warrant for Gomes. On February 8, Gomes was located in Worcester and placed under arrest without incident.

Today’s indictment returns also allege that Harris misled police and aided Gomes in fleeing. Deane was indicted on charges that she misled police during the investigation.

All three people will be arraigned in Brockton Superior Court at a later date.

The case is being prosecuted by Assistant District Attorney Jennifer Sprague and was investigated by Massachusetts State Police and Brockton Police.  

April 4, 2022