We usually think about violence coming from a stranger, but violence happens in our homes and at the hands of people we know and trust.
All citizens have the right of protection from emotional, financial, and physical abuse, regardless of age and ability. Elders and persons with disabilities may fall victim to these crimes but there are services out there to help.
If you are a victim of abuse and need help, there are many agencies in your area ready to assist you. Many of the resources are available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, free of charge.
To report a crime, contact your local police department.
In an EMERGENCY always dial 911.
Plymouth County Resources
- Emergency: 911
- Plymouth County District Attorney’s Office: 508-584-8120
- Elder Abuse 24 hour hotline: 800-922-2275
- Disabled Persons Protection Commission 24 hour abuse hotline: 800-426-9009
- Old Colony Elder Services: 508-584-1561
- South Shore Elder Services: 781-848-3910
- SafeLink -24 hour statewide domestic violence hotline: 877-785-2020
- National Domestic Violence 24 hour hotline: 800-799-7233
- National Sexual Assault 24 hour hotline: 800-656-HOPE